Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Monday! It’s mornings like this when it’s cold out that you just want to stay in bed with a good book.

Unfortunately, my bedroom is in need of some TLC and will be redecorated next year. I still have the same wood bed that I have had for 20 years!  Without a question, my next bed will have an upholstered headboard. This post I wrote over two years ago is one of the most popular on the blog – everyone else is enamoured with headboards as am I.  I have seen so many gorgeous headboards lately, so it’s time for another round up.  (Hopefully some of these are new to you!)

Designer Barrie Benson's home.

 

Headboard and cushion detail. W Design Inc via House of Turquoise

 

Photo Gallery: 100+ Gorgeous Bedrooms | House & Home

 

headboard, rug

 

Upholstered patterned bed

 

striped headboard via Kerrisdale Design

 

 

Tommy Smythe.

 

masculine

 

House of Turquoise: Bedroom

 

House of Turquoise: Bedroom

All images via Pinterest. (You can click through to see the original source.)

So many styles to choose from! Which do you prefer? I like those with a straight top (like in the first image) so that you can hang art over it. When you hang something over a curved headboard, it never looks right. For my bedroom, I’m thinking of doing a solid teal velvet, or a yellow, stylized floral velvet or….(see, so many choices I just can’t make up my mind!)

Have a wonderful week!

If you need help creating the bedroom of your dreams (or any room for that matter), please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment