Monday, March 1, 2010

I always love when magazines list their top 20, 50 or 100 designers to watch. Discovering designers and reviewing their work is always educational and inspirational. Earlier this year, Architectural Digest showcased 100 top designers and architects (AD100) from around the globe.

One such gifted designer on the list is Stephen Knollenberg. His interiors are classic and timeless, whether contemporary or traditional or a mix of both. I’m not sure where I first saw the room with the green sofa (below), but I remember thinking that the use of colour, scale and balance was brilliant. Turns out the rest of his portfolio is equally stunning.

sknollenberg12

sknollenberg14

sknollenberg1

This is the den of Knollenberg’s 1940’s cottage in Michigan which he renovated. Love the window!sknollenberg2

The great room of his home with whitewashed walls.sknollenberg7

sknollenberg3

sknollenberg4

sknollenberg5

sknollenberg6

sknollenberg8

sknollenberg9

sknollenberg10

sknollenberg11

sknollenberg13

In future posts, I will be sharing the work of other talented designers from the AD100 whose work resonates with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment