Friday, December 4, 2009

I had started this post last December and was waiting for the photography student who took the After photo to send me more. Unfortunately, she didn't take any front view shots, so I still need to go back and re-shoot the room myself. In the meantime, I did want to share it with you.

This is the client's family room which they needed design help with. They had the sofa and loveseat for 12 years and it had seen better days.  That's really all they had in the room. They wanted help with furniture placement and selection of upholstered pieces, end tables, art and accessories.



This is the After. We chose a gorgeous large scale and comfortable sofa from one of my favourite manufacturers: Lee Industries. The two slipper chairs (which you can't see that well unfortunately) and the long, leather ottoman were also from Lee.  Everyone can put their feet up while watching the tele or reading.
 DAfinal

The artwork is what I recommend more often than not when budget is an issue. These are Ikea Ribba frames and we enlarged black and white photos from some of their trips. Instant impact for not too much money. The lamps are Restoration Hardware and the striped cushion covers and tray are from Pottery Barn. We are actually in the process of changing out the cushions to a different colour scheme. That's the beauty of having all of your upholstered pieces in neutral fabrics - you can change the entire look and feel of a room with just a few yards of fabric for the cushions.

I will be sure to share the entire room with the new colour scheme in the next few weeks.

I’m linking to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch and The Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming.

metamonday underthetable

If you need design help, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment