Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend! The weather was a bit dodgy here in the GTA – sunny one minute and raining the next. I went for a bike ride with a friend and her daughter yesterday and all of a sudden we were hit with rain, not just a sun shower but a torrential downpour – we were soaking wet but  laughing all the way home.  Talk about feeling like you’re 10 again!

Anyway, here’s what I loved and what I have been up to this past week.  Although I have been in absentia on the blog lately, I do post updates/photos on Instagram and Facebook, so make sure you follow me there.

1) Last week, I was invited to a Blogger DIY 101 event at Home Depot Canada and co-hosted with Jen.  We created our own herb container, learned about and tried power tools and spray painting. Learning while having fun – my kind of morning!

Decor Happy

This is me trying out Rustoleum’s spray paint on a thrift shop find.  You can read Jen’s post about the event here.

As you know, I am a huge Home Depot fan and they have been so supportive of me and my little ole blog. They are always looking to partner with bloggers on projects.  And if you are a blogger you will want to purchase your ticket ASAP for BlogPodium where you can meet brands like Home Depot who is the main sponsor.  They just announced (sort of!) who the main speaker is and I promise you, it will be good. Follow Jen on Instagram to find out (I’m sure she will be making an official announcement on her blog soon!)

2) I adore San-Francisco based designer Amy Meier’s work and this kitchen reno she recently blogged about is no exception.  I love the x corbels and how she styled the kitchen. Simple pretty!

Amy Meier Design via Decor Happy

3) You know I am a big fan of Lauren’s work – just love her young trad take on things. She posted this sweet dining room last week.

via Decor Happy

4) I missed seeing Lea Michele’s home when it first came out (a testatment to my recent lack of keeping up with the blogosphere.)  But thanks to this post, I was directed to the feature on her beautiful home. I absolutely love everything about it including the pink, of course. 

via Decor Happy

5) Oh, and one of my dreams as a designer is about to happen tomorrow. I’ll share more when I can! (There’s a hint in this post. We bloggers are such teases!)

6) And don’t forget to enter the YangYang Pan art giveaway here.

That’s it for now! Have a happy week! (I do want to share a few projects I have been working on so stay tuned.)

If you need design advice, please contact me at vanessa(at)vanessafrancis.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment