Monday, May 9, 2011

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother’s Day!  The weather was perfect here in the suburbs of Toronto and I think Spring is finally here.

Time for another Meandering post where I link to posts from the past week that caught my attention, new products and what I am excited about.

1) I have mentioned my love of Galbraith and Paul’s hand block printed textiles and wallcoverings before.  I’m loving the citrus colourways and mix of graphic and floral motifs in their Spring collection.

G&Pcollage

 

2) I loved the inspirational images in this post on laundry rooms.  Holly is building her dream home and it has been fun to follow along with her.  I can’t wait to see her completed home – it is going to be spectacular.

image

 

3)  The 2nd floor of Elte is now officially open.  If you live in the Toronto area, sign up for their emails and flyers to receive info on their upcoming events and promotions.  Their last promotion included $1000 off a $2500 furniture order!

2nd floor

 

4) I mentioned before that I am excited to attend Blogfest 2011 in NYC.  It starts next week and I am so excited to be in the Big Apple listening to the brilliant speakers,  being inspired and meeting some talented bloggers. You can click here to see who is attending and what we will be doing.

image

I’ll be seeing the Kips Bay Decorator Show House where designers like Amanda Nisbet and Celerie Kemble decorate a home to raise funds for a charity.  See images via Elle Decor and read an article here.  Pretty over the top, wouldn’t you say?

5)  But it’s this brownstone in Brooklyn, NY owned by actress Keri Russell and her contractor husband that appeals to me more (wish she sold tickets to see it!)  The pared down yet still stylish  decorating with organic touches and a neutral palette is stunning.    See more photos and read the article here.

image

image

 

6) Lastly, don’t forget to enter my giveaway to win House Beautiful’s latest book, Blue.

HB Blue. Cover

Have a wonderful week!

If you need decorating help, please contact me at vanessa@vanessafrancis.com.

1 comments:

  1. I love their prints and patterns.
    click on this https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete