Thursday, December 13, 2012

(If you are reading this in a reader or email, please click here to go directly to the post.)

Happy pre-holiday fun!

I thought I would share this year’s Christmas tree with you.  My daughter and her friend helped me decorate. 

DSC04685

We went on a warm but rainy day to our local greenhouse and there weren’t a whole lot of 8’ Fraser firs (our preferred tree), so we took home this balsam fir instead.  They are more fragrant than a Fraser but they drop a ton of needles and their branches aren’t as sturdy (but they are also half the price!)

And guess what? I didn’t purchase any new ornaments this year!  You can see close ups of the ornaments in my previous posts here.  They are a mixture of vintage, handmade by my daughter, gifts from friends with pink and gold being the main colours. And the lone blue ornament on the left – that’s my husband’s Mets ornament from years ago.  I try and hide it near the back. :)

I also need to get shopping and wrapping! Nothing much under the tree right now, athough I have done a few gift exchanges with family and friends already.

(Oh, and if you clicked back to the previous trees, doesn’t the wallpaper add so much to the entry? And the neutral drapes and rug look much more quiet than what I had before.)

Is your tree up yet? And real or artificial? I’m linking up here.

PS Congrats to my niece who is getting married today in Scotland! All the best Marie and Ben! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment